I lead a development team, comprised of highly talented individuals who design, prototype and develop a wide variety of templates, websites and applications for use at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Some of my daily activities include...
- Working closely with the User Experience team on interfaces, designs, and best practices
- Detailed work with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 (aXe, WebAIM, etc...)
- Keeping the team up-to-date with current industry practices and standards
- Evaluation of tools and technologies for use in development and security
- Automated testing and evaluation of production code
- Code and peer reviews
- Interviews and on-boarding of new team members
- Creating new tools for team members to work with
- Grunt and Gulp build systems
- Tools for prototyping, inspecting or editing new and existing content
When the time permits, I also manage to write some code. Currently leading work on a new Template for the CDC.gov website.